Cooked my own dinner tonight and decided it’d be some grilled fish and chips (and a salad as well to be healthy). I kinda bastardised my own recipe from a few on the net and I think it turned out pretty well. Aside from slightly overcooking the salmon, it was rather delicious. Photo below:
- Sea salt and black pepper (freshly ground)
- Crushed garlic
- Lime juice
- Onion powder
- Olive oil
- Little bit of English mustard
- Salmon fillet
How you do it:
- Take salmon out of the fridge and let it sit for 15-20 minutes
- Mix all the ingredients
- Place the salmon in your marinade and make sure it’s fully coated, let it sit for 5 minutes, flipping each side in between.
- Chuck the salmon inside your grill until it’s cooked (will vary depending on the size of your cut).
I used my convection oven instead of grill (it’s quicker and I was hungry) but a grill would definitely be better, you can also optionally add a little honey to the marinade.