So I decided to try the Chocolate Lava Cake again tonight (I never posted anything for the first because it failed XD), for those who want a recipe, I used the following:
- 100 grams dark chocolate (70% cocoa), roughly broken
- 100 grams unsalted butter, room temperature and chopped into cubes
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 plain flour
- 3 eggs
- A little extra butter to coat the ramekins.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees
- Half fill a pot with water and place a bowl over the top (it shouldn’t touch the water and should seal the pot’s mouth),
- With the stove on a low heat, melt the chocolate and butter together in the bowl while constantly stirring, turn off the heat once done.
- In a separate bowl, combine the eggs, flour and sugar.
- Slowly add the melted butter and chocolate mixture while stirring constantly.
- Coat some ramekins with butter (use a paper towel to spread the butter)
- Pour the mixture into the ramekins
- Place in the oven for 10 – 12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and tip upside down onto a plate, garnish as desired and sprinkle some icing sugar on top ( I used strawberries and cookies and cream ice cream.
Sounds simple enough and here was tonight’s result:
With a lava cake, the most important question you’ve gotta ask yourself when you’re done is…
Will it ooze?
My result? Unfortunately no where enough! Here’s a shot of a tiny bit of ooze.
Not very happy and will give it another shot tomorrow.