I actually made this a while ago but haven’t gotten round to putting up a post about it. Coming back from Encasa and having this dish, I simply had to have more, but I wasn’t going to the city just to get some. Instead, I decided I’d make my own, I mean how hard could it be? After all it’s just potato cubes with a garlic mayonnaise with a spicy tomato salsa.
When I had it though, I felt it was missing something, sauteed diced onions!
Being the lazy guy I am, I made the recipe as follows:
- Roasted garlic sauce (concentrated)
- Whole egg mayonnaise
- Hot chilli sauce (not the Asian variety)
- Tomato ketchup
- Dice up the potatoes into cubes
- Heat up some oil in a saucepan (to deep fry)
- Place the potatoes into the saucepan and cook until golden*, meanwhile, cook the diced onions on a low-medium heat until brown and soft
- Remove and strain
- Mix the roasted garlic sauce with the mayonnaise to taste
- Mix the hot chilli sauce and ketchup to taste
- Place onions on the potatoes and cover with sauce. Enjoy