So because I haven’t been bothered to put together the video footage from ASOT600 in KL and the fact my blog was running a little dry, I decided to recap some of my favourite songs from ASOT600 so far. There’s only one more week til the celebrations finish in Den Bosch (damn you Hanna for actually going, so jealous).
While my experience of ASOT 600 in KL had been nothing short of phenomenal, I’ll save my thoughts there for another post once I can get the videos ready.
In the meantime, here are my favourite tracks so far, so many bangers and so many IDs!
1. Fisherman and Hawkins – Apache.
This has gotta be the unofficial ASOT600, it’s been played so much but despite this, it gets me going every. single. time.
2. Armin van Buuren & W&W – D# Fat
D# Fat has a striking familiarity to it, I can’t put my finger on it but there is definitely an older song which has the same piano line. Either that, or this song just ties so well with the earlier days.
3. Aly & Fila ft. Dwaydan – We Control the Sunlight (Spark7 remix)
While the original was huge for ASOT500, the Spark7 just brings that extra dimension to it, loved it on first listen at ASOT600 in KL. The build after the piano and vocal break down is superb.
4. Ferry Corsten – Rock Your Body Rock (Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike Mainstage Remix)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHneX38jpdo
This new take on an old classic is simply superb, has that big room sound and a fat bass line to boot.
5. Armin van Buuren vs. Photographer – Airport Shivers (AvB mashup)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqYVRChuLF4
This has got to be one of the best songs to round up a set and keep the party going; hard, dark, driving and those classic vocals just bring it all together.
6. Armin van Buuren vs. Dada Life – Kick Out The Epic Love (Ronski speed mashup)
Bit different this one, but I do love the clean solid bass line from ‘Kick out this epic motherfucker’ and think it progresses well with the vocals.